Sidney Crosby being awkward and funny
hey gurl what’s ur simulator score
#ive reblogged this at least twice #but it makes me laugh EVERY time #and now when I see this scene i notice that his voice LEGITIMATELY changes register as soon as she’s says ‘i wanna be a pilot’ #i mean shit he basically hears about her perfect kill record then gives her The Look and practically licks his lips #tone it down raleigh jeez #and then she’s like yeah thanks I did my research I kinda think you’re a shit pilot #and you can pinpoint the moment when he thinks OH SHIT SHE KNOWS #and the moment when she thinks OH SHIT DID I REALLY JUST SAY THAT OUT LOUD I JUST MET THE GUY #and then she does an embarrassed 180 so fast it ruffles his popped coat collar and goes stomping back to her room #pulling off her coat all IS IT HOT IN HERE OR IS IT JUST ME - GDI WAY TO MAKE A FIRST IMPRESSION MAKO *facepalm* #GOTTA FIX THIS I NEED THIS DUDE ON-SIDE IF IM GONNA PILOT MY JAEGER WITH HIM OK HEADING BACK IN 3.. 2..1 #[shirt suddenly optional] #[scars and abs and latissimus dorsi everywhere] #[mako’s brain goes to static and white noise]
friendly reminder that there’s a cut scene in Thor that while the Destroyer is blowing shit up, Darcy runs into the pet store to save all the animals and give them to people leaving the town
as things are being set on fire around her, she talks to the dog, telling him I won’t let the big scary monster step on you, and names it Baker
Why was this cut? I need that scene in the film!
Darcy is clearly the best.
he didn’t even say goodbye, he didn’t take the time to lie
#as theme songs for these two assholes go I’m not sure you could find better #I mean Milady pretty much IS the bride to athos’ bill in a lot of ways #she’s definitely on a roaring rampage of revenge it’s just a slow burn
Kristen Bell: Sloth causes birthday meltdown.
I love her so much
“[Anthony] can be genial. He can be menacing. He can be sexy. He can do all of these things at the same time. I think he’s a very good actor, but I just don’t think that he’s had the film roles that he deserves. His success is limited by the imagination of the film industry. With really good actors, especially actors of color, the opportunities are fewer. Who will be brave enough to put him in a leading role instead of putting him in a supporting role?” Boston Globe film critic and Pulitzer Prize winner Wesley Morris on Mackie (UPTOWN magazine).
BOOKS ABOUT JERKS WHO MAKE OUT WITH EACH OTHER for people who enjoy awful babies and/or reconsidering their association with me
- the queen’s thief series which i am contractually obligated by god to put on every rec list i do but also DO YOU LIKE FLIRTY THREATS, ROMANCE THAT CONFUSES EVERYONE WHO BEHOLDS IT, & CAREFUL TENDERNESS??? YEAH U DO.
- chronicles of prydain for some ORIGINAL JERKS, jerks who inspired the masses, also read westmark to get even ~jerkier (tw: war violence for westmark)
- i actually JUST read cruel beauty which was excellent mostly in that 95% of it was like, JERK BICKERING LAUGHING MAKEOUT COMBOS and then literally like “well we’re both awful at society but we can still be love” :’)
- melina marchetta’s jellicoe road AND lumatere chronicles both heavily feature cute romances between rude confused dorks (exception: evanjalin, all-knowing manipulative jerk) (tw: rape for lumatere)
- devil’s cub by georgette heyer i think she shoots him within like five minutes of their first meeting cute stuff
- slice of cherry like MURDEROUS TEENAGE SISTERS. BOYS WHO LOVE THEM. delightfully bizarre courtships. (tw: gore, mention of child sexual abuse)
- pamela dean’s tam lin LITERALLY ONE ENORMOUS EXERCISE IN ENGLISH MAJORS BEING SELF IMPRESSED DOUCHEBAGS AND THEN KISSING like read it
- blood and chocolate is about monster girl monster girl monster girl yessssssssss (tw: rape culture & sexual threats)
- the knife of never letting go is like also scifi dystopia political whatever but really we’re all here for viola and todd who nearly destroy everything (tw: war violence)
- swordspoint by ellen kushner which i often describe as amoral harry/draco because i have a problem but don’t hold it against ellen kushner
- the only alien on the planet LITERALLY MORE PEOPLE PLZ READ THIS BOOK + TALK TO ME ABOUT THE GINNY/MICHAEL LIFESTYLE (tw: child abuse)
- sixth grade secrets HAS ANYONE ELSE READ THIS BOOK?????? IT TRAUMATIZED ME. CHECK IT OUT.
- fingersmith i had real human friends be v suspicious of me after reading it like i know it’s victorian lesbians but anna they are bad people u know this right YES FRIENDS. I KNOW. GLORY IN IT. COME TO ME. (tw: institutionalizing)
- unraveled by courtney milan which SUCKER is the third?? book in the series so you’ll have to read all of it (tw: childhood abuse)
- this duchess of mine by eloise james is the sixth?? book in its series, got you again, THEY’RE ALL GOOD
- p much ALL romances in demon’s lexicon & unspoken but demon’s surrender has my favorite forever into the stars, liars in love :o
- the perilous gard i feel like i’ve been talking about this a lot lately and that’s because it’s so softly enthralling GOD, KATE
- a hundred thousand kingdoms is not-secretly about a threesome in which everyone’s an asshole & i love them. (tw: slavery, torture, rape)
- melusine hahahahahahahahaahaha kathleen they are all jerks though (tw: rape, incest)
- the changeover by margaret mahy is basically a girl turning into a witch and also high school dorks learning how 2 kiss (tw: sexual harassment)
- the hollow kingdom is like hades/persephone but they’re jerks and he’s a SUPER UGLY GOBLIN KING and i’m. really into that.
- speaking of really ugly i’m sure you’ve read the summoning etc by kelley armstrong but like. ugh. AM I GROSS FOR SHIPPING THIS, you will cry to yourself and darling you are so exquisite. (tw: institutionalizing, mental illnesses)
- also re: ugly and confused, read valiant by holly black, i have a problem, maybe this should be a separate list, too late
- eta: COLD MAGIC, i can’t believe i forgot kate elliott’s COLD MAGIC, the greatest asshole couple ever, i am fired from being myself, goodbye forever
" LITERALLY ONE ENORMOUS EXERCISE IN ENGLISH MAJORS BEING SELF IMPRESSED DOUCHEBAGS AND THEN KISSING"
SO TRUE and so great.
I CAN’T BELIEVE THIS LIST OF JERKS WHO KISS LEFT OFF HOLLY BLACK’S CURSE WORKERS. BOY ARE THEY JERKS.
→ Ride for ruin and the world’s ending
#always always always reblog#the charge of the rohirrim#pelennor fields#this moment#this one#and the slaying of the witch king#without Eowyn’s despair#without Theoden’s desperation to take his place honored in the halls of his ancestors#without Eomer’s reckless abandon when he thinks his sister is dead#without the flaws#the courage#but especially without the HUMANITY of these people#Gondor would’ve fallen#and no one would’ve been there to draw the eye of Sauron at the critical moment#all would’ve been lost to darkness#plus also the rohirrim are my fave
No other scene conveyed what the book did so well. Is also the single most epic moment in the series.